Call for Submissions
As part of their new partnership, The Globe and Mail and The Council for Business and the Arts in Canada (CBAC) are very pleased to announce a $10,000 juried art competition for the creation of an award to recognize businesses for their partnerships with Canadian artistic organizations. This award will be called:
The Globe and Mail Business for the Arts Award
Submission package available: April 24, 2006
Deadline for Submission: June 15, 2006 at 5pm EST
Announcement of winner: June 30, 2006
Deadline for Fabrication of first twelve awards: September, 2006
First award celebration: Fall 2006
Overview of Design and Competition Parameters:
- This competition is open to all Canadian artists including students.
- The award piece must be a hand held sized, three dimensional article.
- It should be no smaller than 9″ and no higher than 15″ in height and no wider than 8″.
- It must be able to be freestanding (either alone or mounted on a base).
- The piece must offer a place to be engraved or to affix a small plaque.
- It should no weigh more than 2 kilos.
- The materials from which it is constructed must be readily available.
- The work should not be overly fragile.
- The piece must be easily reproducible.
- The work should reflect the nature of the award.
- The award may be named by the partners (i.e. like the Junos, the Doras, etc.).
For a detailed package including full application and submission requirements please go the following link http://www.businessforarts.org/awards/awdes.asp or contact:
Council for Business and the Arts in Canada